Monday, April 15, 2013

Install Facebook Home on Nexus 3

Wanna try new facebook app? They call it Facebook Home. Well, it will give you new experiences get in touch with friends in fancy way. At least for me... hehe...

Unfortunately, they only release this app for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4 and Note 2, and the HTC One X, One X+ and new HTC One.  But with the beauty of Android community, they port it into other phone. I tried this on my lovely Nexus 3 and it work like a charm.  I cannot guarantee this app also work on your phone. But just give it a shot.  ;)





  • Download Facebook home app from XDA dev forum.
  • Make sure you already download and install ADB from Google.
  • Make sure "USB debugging" on your phone was enabled!
  • Connect your phone to computer.
  • Open your terminal (if you use Mac or Linux) or cmd (for windows)
  • Install, com.facebook.katana
    • adb install com.facebook.katana.apk
  • Install, com.facebook.home,
    • adb install com.facebook.home.apk
  • Install, com.facebook.orca
    • adb install com.facebook.orca.apk
  • Then just run Facebook Home app from your phone.

Here's my review about Facebook home on Nexus
  • Running well
  • Performance..... Hmm... bit slowly than my other home screen app.
  • I cannot use lock screen widget. Which is i need it.
  • Say goodbye to widget. Ok, that's it. It's enough! Hehe... 
Conclusion? Hmm.... I must to say, Facebook Home can give you new experiences for using facebook and stay in touch with our friends. Fortunately, I'm not big fans of social network website, like Facebook or twitter. Cannot use lock screen and home screen widget, that killed me and my decision is, UNINSTALL!. Hehe... Sorry Facebook  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment