Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Mission accomplished! Use iPad as primary 'PC'

Like i said before, I was a lazy person. I'm tired always carrying heavy bag with macbook inside. That's why today i just want bring small bag with iPad and bluetooth keyboard instead.

Not simple task. Before i do that, i must move several important files to public and private cloud, for backup. Preparing port forward on home and office router, installing useful iOS apps, etc. But here's i share my ingredients.




1. iPad. Now I'm using iOS 6 beta 4. But of course you able to use another version as well.
2. Router and port forward configuration. You can use dyndns for your router. That will help you a lot.
3. Splashtop app. This is part of 'magic'. I really love this app. Very fast. If you don't have or configure port forward on your router, i suggest you to buy their Anywhere Access pack. On my experience if i used their services, it's little bit more slow than trough my port forward connection.
4. Google Drive app. I put some documents and convert it from doc and docx into Google Drive format.
5. iWork app. On my mac, i always use iWork for writing document. That's why i bought iWork for iOS too. This app bundle really helpful. I can put my iWork documents to iCloud.
6. Dropbox app. This is also really helpful. All files on DropBox now sync on every devices. Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS, Android, Blackberry and you name it.
7. iFiles app. Of course not all documents i put on public cloud services. Some very important and private documents, i store locally on my mac, linux and windows. If i need some files, this app will help me a lot. There's a lot similar app like this out there. But i choice this one, because i need SFTP and WebDav support.
8. Office2 HD app. Similar like above, not all documents i put on public cloud. Sometimes i need to work on my old documents (most of them is doc and docx) and this app came to help. Yes, of course there's a lot of similar app like this, even some of them maybe more better than this. But i prefer use this one is because SFTP and WebDav support.
9. iSSH app. Need ssh remote or RDP? No worries. This app really handy.
10. Blogger app. Road warrior blogger? Never leave this app behind.
11. GoTasks app. Get this app for free to sync your Google tasks on iPad.
12. Sync your Calendar app with Google calendar account.
13. Evernote app. If you have some document on Evernote, just install this app for free on your iPad.
14. Springpad app. Same like above, if you have Springpad account, you won't miss this app too.
15. Portable WiFi. Well... My iPad is WiFi only. If i cannot find any WiFi. I bring this device. If you have Android phones, iPhone or winblows 8 phones (perhaps), you can use it as hotspot.

That's all. Of course you can put or change some of them with your own favorite apps. If you have another devices such like Android. No big deal. You can find most of apps above on Google Play as well. Good luck... ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment